JoeDios.com Forums

JoeDios.com Forums (https://www.joedios.com/forum/index.php)
-   JoeDioes.com Forum (https://www.joedios.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   I Kind of Like that G.I. Joe's on a Break *gasp* (https://www.joedios.com/forum/showthread.php?t=5096)

DaveCW2 08-11-2017 09:14 PM

I Kind of Like that G.I. Joe's on a Break *gasp*

It's okay, it's okay. I'll explain.

I used to have a good-sized 25th Anniversary collection, but I ended up selling it because I was starting a new business and needed the money.

When I think back to that old collection, there were a lotta duds. Don't get me wrong, there were some really cool figures too, but I was clearly collecting just to collect. Now, thanks to the lull and lack of "newness," I can look at past figures and be a whole lot more selective.

After getting the 1985 figures in Modern Era form, of course. Because there are a few duds in there, too :eek:

So, how about you? Are you enjoying the hiatus? And if so, why?

Have fun, all!

vespapilot79 08-11-2017 11:00 PM

Pause in Joes

Im pretty happy there is not much going on right now.Money is tight since im currently in the middle of a custody battle. 😖There are a few kickstarters I want to back,but cannot do that either.I can say I have a little saved up for a few new figures,but thats about it.So yes,I am glad there is a pause in sales.

Lava Boss 08-12-2017 08:06 AM

I don't really buy modern, doesn't affect me much. I like to see what's going on, so now things are boring.

Also, I've no money to spare for toy collecting besides cheap stuff.

neapolitan joe 08-12-2017 05:11 PM

I am happy...

...because I have money to spend for Transformers "Generations", "Combiner wars" and "Titan returns".

GoCards 08-12-2017 05:30 PM

I'm using this time to re-equip my figures with Marauder gear.

Crimson Pilot 08-13-2017 07:58 AM

I am just focusing on WW2 stuff now since I lucked out with a local source lately. I have to be select with G.I. Joe purchases as they are a bit pricey and not easy to come by anyway.

Dr. Phibes 08-13-2017 09:11 AM

I haven't bought anything since the 2nd movie. Been mtf since they did their 1st Kickstarter. I kinda have everything I want /need for my stories.

vespapilot79 08-13-2017 12:37 PM

Wwii

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crimson Pilot
I am just focusing on WW2 stuff now since I lucked out with a local source lately. I have to be select with G.I. Joe purchases as they are a bit pricey and not easy to come by anyway.

You saw that Marauders is coming out with WWII figures??Im going to try to make the Howling Commandos!Pretty excited for them!

TwoOneEight 08-13-2017 05:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by vespapilot79
You saw that Marauders is coming out with WWII figures??Im going to try to make the Howling Commandos!Pretty excited for them!

I'm looking to make a Rat Patrol. :D :D :D

Crimson Pilot 08-14-2017 09:08 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TwoOneEight
I'm looking to make a Rat Patrol. :D :D :D

That would be cool. Need to get some jeeps too. Also a German convoy to keep blowing up.