JoeDios.com Forums

JoeDios.com Forums (https://www.joedios.com/forum/index.php)
-   JoeDioes.com Forum (https://www.joedios.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   *OFFICIAL* Post Your Latest Booty!! v2 (https://www.joedios.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1885)

Outrider 12-31-2008 10:55 AM

You may have seen my pics already, I picked up a loose complete Thunderclap for only $54, which was as cheap as I have ever seen one. It's an awesome vehicle, and absolutely huge!

ender098 12-31-2008 03:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by vespapilot79
Has anyone had any bad experiances with guru planet toys?

My latest order from them was a little delayed. I usually get it in about 7-10 days. This one took two weeks. I think it's just the Holiday mail rush.

I recently got 5 more Indiana Jones Russian Troopers (for OG Greenshirts) and I JUST ordered a squad (10) of Cobra Absolut Troopers....oh, wait...I meant "Resolute".....absolut is Vodka...you know what I have on my mind!! :D

vespapilot79 12-31-2008 04:04 PM

Oh hell yeah!!

New figure and vehicle release ino posted on hisstank!! Sounds like there is going to be a new nightraven and movie HQ base and lots more!!!!

lehsreh 01-02-2009 02:31 PM

got my cutter that i was supposed to have gotten for christmas, and bought 1 chiro swordsman and 4 german soldiers fom wal-mart. their on sale for 3$

vespapilot79 01-02-2009 04:20 PM

Picked up a red cobra diver,tripwire w element and the final dvd set to complete the mass device!! This has really gotten me motivated to continue work on the cobra temple playset!! Ill have a pic of the Chrome dome himself in the pics area!!

Self-Modifier 01-02-2009 05:20 PM

I finally found Blowtorch today. They had all the Resolute figures too (looked like a fresh case had just been opened), but those guys aren't my cup of tea (though Cobra Commander is pretty neat).

I like Blowtorch's head -- I was thinking it would make a better Ace than the head Ace came with. Unfortunately, it sits way too low on Ace's neck peg, so it would need some modding to work right.

Black Knight 01-03-2009 02:12 PM

Got 2 more Resolute troopers today, but man they are hard to find. I also got 2 Cobra Flints, which have become my Cobra mechanics.

Rambo 01-03-2009 04:37 PM

Latest Booty

My latest booty.

I love all of 'em. Muskrat is going to the country of O Rei do futebol.
I dont know how Static Line uses that gun/accesory, do you?

P.S. Thank Vader. Sure I will. Eventually... :rolleyes:

vader9900 01-03-2009 04:42 PM

Thats a fine haul there Carlos, lets see them in some pics! :D
As far as Static Line's weapon: the curved part goes around his chest, he holds on to the handles from underneath & the gun protrudes from the front...IIRC

LordEd1976 01-04-2009 06:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by vader9900
Thats a fine haul there Carlos, lets see them in some pics! :D
As far as Static Line's weapon: the curved part goes around his chest, he holds on to the handles from underneath & the gun protrudes from the front...IIRC

Whoever had the idea for that strange weapon deserves some sort annoying punishment like being tied to a chair while being forced to listen to annoying children's music.

in happier news, I used my WalMart gift card to pick up Flint in Cobra disguise, Ninja-Ku Storm-Shadow, and Mutt & Junkyard

Outrider 01-04-2009 07:23 PM

I'm slowly but surely filling out the "back catalog" of stuff I've never had, and today my Sentry Missile System arrived. Look out for a pic soon!

ender098 01-06-2009 06:40 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Outrider
I'm slowly but surely filling out the "back catalog" of stuff I've never had, and today my Sentry Missile System arrived. Look out for a pic soon!

God, I'd Love to get a mint SMS...mine is patchworked together from various "for Parts" lots from ebay! Know what I'd really like? The one that came from Canada and is all black...the MSV! I'd even settle for the Action force urban camo MMS. They are all cool.

I just got a "Dragon Fortress" off Ebay. It's basically a "Toxolab" (which I have been trying like mad to get lately!!!) in different colors! nothing a little paint and customizing won't cure! I also ordered a bunch of heads for customs and that Seal Tactical Vehicle from SmallJoes everyone recommends so highly.

vader9900 01-07-2009 12:35 PM

Got me a Gundam from fireflyed, this guy rocks, thanks Cory! :D

Gundam

Can any of you nerd boys :) out there tell me anything about this guy? Is he good or bad, does he have a name? Thanks. D

Da Talent 01-07-2009 02:20 PM

hit this link I found for info on him. It's still a bit hard to follow unless your really into them(which I am not)

http://www.mahq.net/mecha/gundam/0083/rx-78gp01.htm

vespapilot79 01-07-2009 08:18 PM

New company?

Ok, im not sure where i could have placed this information. I figured this place would be pretty cool since everyone tends to read this thread. I recently purchased this "Desert Patrol Light Strike Vehicle" from Target today. This is the first I have seen from this company. Freedom Ops Network.
www.freedomopsnet.com
I sent them quite a long e-mail with some ideas I had for future vehicles and accessories. I included a V-22 Osprey,C-130. and a C-17. Since these would be great aircraft to use in HALO ops,and troop/cargo transport photos. Plus it wold be awesome to have an aircraft that big!! I also included the F-15E, F-16, A-10, F-18, Ch-47,Apache,Little Bird, Cobra, Huey, Blackhawk helicopters and a few other aircraft. I also advised them to take a look at our site to get an idea of what the market is needing and how much we spend yearly on dio props,vehicles and figures. I told them if they needed any help in what is hot in the 3 3/4 and 4in action figure area, myself and any of the folks on joedios would be more than happy to help. I just hope that for once a company will listen to its consumers needs and wants and produce some results. I have placed the photos in the latest reviews section of the DPLSV.

vader9900 01-08-2009 07:14 PM

I saw Flatline's pics of this guy on Flickr, that made me get one:

Major Maxim

Rambo 01-08-2009 07:25 PM

What size is him Vader???

vader9900 01-08-2009 09:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rambo
What size is him Vader???

He is close to 8" he is a big SOB!

Flatline 01-09-2009 06:55 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by vader9900
I saw Flatline's pics of this guy on Flickr, that made me get one:

Major Maxim

HE'S PRETTY KICK ASS HUH DAVE. I USED TO COLLECT ALL OF MCFARLANES STUFF BUT RAN OUT OF ROOM AND SOLD THEM ALL. :( HE AND A SPAWN BLOOD AXE STILL IN THE BOX IS ALL I KEPT.

Black Knight 01-09-2009 09:01 AM

Ahh... I miss the "Danger Girl" comics... its was Cobra-Nazi vs. charlies angels.

vader9900 01-09-2009 12:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flatline
HE'S PRETTY KICK ASS HUH DAVE.

Yes he is!

Major Maxim

Self-Modifier 01-10-2009 12:02 PM

I found Transformers Classics/Universe Cyclonus and Hound on my way home from work a couple of days ago! Hound is a good, solid Transformer, and looks great with the rest of my Autobots -- but he's nothing compared with Cyclonus, who is one of the best Transformers I've ever owned! Sculpt, paint, transformation, proportions, poseability -- all are top-notch!

Agent Viper 01-10-2009 05:56 PM

Finished a Custom, Will post pics When I Get The Chance!

silentdusty 01-10-2009 08:36 PM

Picked up Pilot Scarlett, and another Paraviper.

ender098 01-11-2009 02:53 AM

Ok, not GI Joe stuff, but I just "rounded out" my flight on Marine Corps Helicopters. So Far I have flown in a BlackHawk, a CH-47, a Huey and yesterday, I FINALLY got to ride on a CH-53. Man, those things are LOUD! I just missed flying on an Osprey! :( No worries...I got 3 years left to do it! ;)

I wish BBI would make one of those!!!

Black Knight 01-11-2009 09:52 AM

Ok, so... hit up local flee market today and made out pretty good...

Hurricane (minus pilot, missiles & mini plane-thing)
Tomahawk (incomplete - missing 8 blades, front & rear wings, seats)
Alot of misc stuff too.

vespapilot79 01-11-2009 06:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ender098
Ok, not GI Joe stuff, but I just "rounded out" my flight on Marine Corps Helicopters. So Far I have flown in a BlackHawk, a CH-47, a Huey and yesterday, I FINALLY got to ride on a CH-53. Man, those things are LOUD! I just missed flying on an Osprey! :( No worries...I got 3 years left to do it! ;)

I wish BBI would make one of those!!!

Yeah me too!! I really wan tto see a 1:18 Osprey or C-130!!

Black Knight 01-14-2009 07:55 PM

Ah, victory is mine.... I have acquired 4 more Resolute Troopers, making an army of 8 so far. I am very lucky to have a local comic store owner who gets shipments from Hasbro.

GoCards 01-16-2009 11:05 AM

Went to a Target and found the wave with the Ninja Viper, Python CG, and red masked Trooper. Got two of the red masked Troopers(they'll be my non-coms) and Airborne.

Black Knight 01-16-2009 02:15 PM

I just raided Wal-Mart and got myself a Lift-Ticket & Ghost Hawk... but still no Joe singles.

I also got AVAC from Guiltridden.
Tri-Droid (star Wars) from Target
4 "Bravo Team" soldiers from Target
A burnt tounge from Starbucks
and a blister from the mall (and my wife)

busy day... and it only continues with a D&D game tonight.

:D

LordEd1976 01-16-2009 09:35 PM

A run by Target netted me the Cobra Diver and Airborne

nando 01-18-2009 12:11 PM

just won from ebay>: duke & sidetrack 2 pack , lowlight & sure fire 2pack , love ARAH :cool:

Fisher 01-18-2009 03:38 PM

Picked up a Ghost Hawk with Lift Ticket today, 6 Resolute Troopers, Sting Raider with Copperhead and Blowtorch.

vader9900 01-18-2009 03:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fisher
Picked up...6 Resolute Troopers

No wonder I can't find any. :rolleyes:

Outrider 01-18-2009 04:30 PM

Took delivery of an Eliminator jeep today, one of the few decent BF2000 vehicles. Just gotta give it a few paint touch ups before it makes it's Joedios debut!

Self-Modifier 01-18-2009 11:26 PM

I finally found the Cobra diver today! He's a really cool figure, and now I have the heavy water element for my MASS Device. I also saw Tripwire, but since I already bought the comic pack with him, I just can't bring myself to buy the whole figure just for the last element... So I guess my MASS Device will remain eternally incomplete...

I also got Transformers Classics/Universe Smokescreen! I didn't even know he was out until I saw him in the store today!

Outrider 01-18-2009 11:35 PM

Very happy to receive my DTC Falcon, Munitia and PP Copperhead late today, they look sweet. I'll post pics tomorrow if I can.

ToneGunsRevisited 01-19-2009 07:37 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Outrider
Very happy to receive my DTC Falcon, Munitia and PP Copperhead late today, they look sweet. I'll post pics tomorrow if I can.

Only thing that I don't like about that Falcon from pictures I have seen are the restrained leg mobility. Munitia looks like a great character and cool acessories.

troopsofdoom 01-23-2009 11:45 AM

Good news!

The first volume of IDWs reprinting of the original Marvel comics 1-10 are out, called Classic GI Joe.

The good news is I did a side-by-side comparison of the IDW and Marvel versions and the IDW printing is slightly better. The line work is crisper and the color has no grain. It's also $5 US cheaper than the Marvel trade paper back.

This is a real treat for me because I'm missing random issues from 1-30 of the original run. New classic GI Joe!

ThinkTank 01-24-2009 12:57 AM

I got 2 RAMS, a 25A Bat, and the Gunner Trooper from the UBP today from GuildRidden. Thanks man!