JoeDios.com Forums

JoeDios.com Forums (https://www.joedios.com/forum/index.php)
-   JoeDioes.com Forum (https://www.joedios.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   *OFFICIAL* Post Your Latest Booty!! v2 (https://www.joedios.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1885)

Black Knight 04-03-2009 10:54 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trench-Viper
Thats very odd that he managed to shrink seal it.
Maybe adobe is wrong?

shrink sealing is easy, alot of stores keep shrinkl-wrap machines within the stores, you can also get it done for fairly cheap at office supply stores.

I bought a video game many years back and after opening it I realized it was a crap game... so I took it to a local Blockbuster Video and asked my friend their to reshrink it, then I returned it to Wal-mart and got my money back. It wasn't damaged, or missused... I kept everything with it, so I didn't see any reason not to return it, but they have a "opened game" policy that they can't return it.

Outrider 04-03-2009 02:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trench-Viper
Thats very odd that he managed to shrink seal it.
Maybe adobe is wrong?

No, Adobe are adamant that it's a bogus copy. The software serial number on the box does not exist. The fact that the seller gave a no-questions-asked refund says a lot too. He obviously doesn't want any fuss made because he knows at the end of the day he doesn't have a leg to stand on.

Trench-Viper 04-03-2009 09:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Outrider
No, Adobe are adamant that it's a bogus copy. The software serial number on the box does not exist. The fact that the seller gave a no-questions-asked refund says a lot too. He obviously doesn't want any fuss made because he knows at the end of the day he doesn't have a leg to stand on.

Its good you got your money back atleast.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Black Knight
I bought a video game many years back and after opening it I realized it was a crap game... so I took it to a local Blockbuster Video and asked my friend their to reshrink it, then I returned it to Wal-mart and got my money back. It wasn't damaged, or missused... I kept everything with it, so I didn't see any reason not to return it, but they have a "opened game" policy that they can't return it.
Awesome story!

Death_at_Midnight 04-04-2009 10:10 AM

Hrm, interesting story.

I'm curious to know who the seller is as to avoid him.

Rambo 04-04-2009 02:39 PM

From UK

Got this from a trade with Urban Saboteur. Thx Rich.

vespapilot79 04-05-2009 06:50 PM

Thunder Mach and other figs and Vehicles..

New pics posted in the collection of my latest haul of swank!! WOOT.

Death_at_Midnight 04-11-2009 09:22 AM

Latest loot:

Microman Acroyear - Medalug
Microman Magne Force Phobos <-- i now have all the series.
Cobra Resolute Trooper (x6)
Cobra Air Trooper (x1)

I think I shall make the Air Trooper the standard pilot of my trubble bubbles.

* It seems I had posted this in the wrong thread last night. *

Death_at_Midnight 04-15-2009 09:25 PM

The following has arrived:

COBRA Diver (x2) which increases my Cobra diving team to a glorious 3!
Matt Trakker (sp?)
GI Joe Greatest Battles DVD.

---

My thoughts:

The Cobra Diver is a pretty cool figure. The M. Trakker looks good too. But I am really disappointed with the Greatest Battles DVD. I had thought it was maybe various episodes from the classic Sunbow cartoons, since the other DVD's were Sunbow stories: MASS Device, Weather Dominator, etc. Instead this DVD has 4 episodes from somewhere, all computer CGI, of about 10 minutes each except the last one. The figures were another disappointment as they all seem to be the most shoddy of construction and paint. Although Snake Eyes's color scheme of a mud brown/mud black looks good. But with everyone, equipment doesn't seem to fit, and the figures bodies have holes where it's obvious they were designed for other equipment. And no filecards in this set.

Other than that, the divers are pretty good :-)

GoCards 04-16-2009 09:23 AM

Picked up the Terminator:Salvation figures yesterday. They seem to be ok. Won't have any time to post a pic until Monday or Wednesday.

neapolitan joe 04-16-2009 10:16 AM

The Terror Drome.

After the U.S.S. Flagg, the 1983 Headquarters, the Defiant, I bought the Terror Drome: poker! ;)

Rambo 04-16-2009 05:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by neapolitan joe
After the U.S.S. Flagg, the 1983 Headquarters, the Defiant, I bought the Terror Drome: poker! ;)

Congratulazione amico!!!!

Jay 04-16-2009 08:16 PM

Well, after a lengthy toy run that bore little fruit (I was sort of tempted by a Chap Mei jeep but was not willing to pay TRU's price for it and some stupid oil barrel bunker), I ended up coming home with two Corps! Attack Fighters, so that I may use them as Firebats. My Cobra air force was very weak, but it's now been decently bolstered.

Of course, by the time I got home, I realized I simply did not have enough pilots to fly them. :eek:

neapolitan joe 04-16-2009 08:52 PM

Grazie Rambo.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rambo
Congratulazione amico!!!!

Grazie! :rolleyes:

Death_at_Midnight 04-20-2009 06:45 AM

This weekend was unexpected, Capt. Kirk, Sulu, Spock, Chekov, McCoy, and Capt. Pike beamed down to my location.

Death_at_Midnight 04-20-2009 10:22 PM

Arrived today:

- Torch, the brown jacket version.
- Cobra Resolute Trooper (x3)

Urban Saboteur 04-21-2009 07:47 AM

My GIJOE Recruits

Courtesy of my friend Nick aka King Wombat over at my cool n cosmic forum.. and his bug for buying 25th, he decided to part with his vintage stuff.
So I decided now would be a good time to knock down some of the figures from my wanted list and get some other cool stuff too. I'd like to make a special mention to Nick as he was good enough to help me out with waiting for me to save the cash for the deal to be completed. He could of easily sold them on ebay and got the cash quicker but as a friend I can't thank him enough for his patience.

Greenshirts

G.I.JOE's

Signing up for recruitment at my house today..
Whiteout, Alpine, Major Storm, Big Ben, Frostbite, Mainframe, General Hawk, Crossfire, Bazooka, Low Light, Cross Hair, Leatherneck, Tripwire, Lady Jaye, Iceberg, Windmill, Sgt.Hacker, Heavy Duty, Ambush & Gung-Ho

Cobra's & Vehicles

3 Venom Cycles & 1 Cobra Night Attack 4-WD Stinger, Cobra Trooper, BATS and Scrap Iron.

Outrider 04-21-2009 03:06 PM

That's an awesome load of very cool goodies Rich.
Things have been quiet for me lately, but I've picked up a few odds and ends - a couple more BJ's exclusive red Fast Blast Vipers, a World Peacekeepers patrol boat, a '94 Star Brigade Cobra Commander (I wanted the head for a custom CC), and a mint Action Force Red Laser figure. :)

Death_at_Midnight 04-22-2009 06:51 AM

Arrived today:

21st Century Navy SEAL Tactical Jeep (I'm impressed with this one)
Microman Acrostera
COBRA Paratrooper

Not a complex delivery this time. My focus was on purchasing a vehicle from a brand I have never dealt with before. And I'm pleased with it. A bit tight to fit a Joe in the driver's seat--Stalker with equipment belt fits after some work. The detail is impressive.

haradrel 04-26-2009 12:59 PM

I'm on vacation in the US and hit Toys R us at Times Square
They have a bunch of best of dvd boxes there

but anyways I got:
resloute duke and cobra trooper, resolute 5 pack with the red troopers, and the 3 pack sea command as well as a cobra diver.
gonna hit a target/toy store in every city
going to Las Vegas, Los Angeles and San Fransisco as well - all joedios members in these areas are always invited to say hi and have a brewskie with me and my buddies :D

Arvachu 04-26-2009 04:15 PM

I just got a Blowtorch, cobra commander Fred, Major Blood, Snake eyes , a hiss driver and rock n roll all at a buy one get one free sale ^_^ And I ordered almost all the parts to the mass device and the boxes of figures except for the one thats in the 80s box or the greatest battles box. And could someone help me out and tell me if the 80s best of box with alpine is out yet?

tycondrius23 04-28-2009 02:37 PM

awe man i bet you were the dude that outbid me on that Red laser :P I was bididng on one on the bay and got sniped last minute buy 70c . lol

Quote:
That's an awesome load of very cool goodies Rich.
Things have been quiet for me lately, but I've picked up a few odds and ends - a couple more BJ's exclusive red Fast Blast Vipers, a World Peacekeepers patrol boat, a '94 Star Brigade Cobra Commander (I wanted the head for a custom CC), and a mint Action Force Red Laser figure. :)

neapolitan joe 05-01-2009 11:40 AM

The Drome!

After Flagg, Defiant, Headquarters...the Terror Drome:
http://www.joedios.com/dioramas/showimage.php?i=20963

Outrider 05-01-2009 03:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by neapolitan joe
After Flagg, Defiant, Headquarters...the Terror Drome:
http://www.joedios.com/dioramas/showimage.php?i=20963

The 'Drome is the coolest playset ever, awesome pick up Joe!

Jay 05-01-2009 07:56 PM

Decent little package for me in the mail today.

-new legs for my Cobra De Aço custom
-Captain Grid-Iron head for my Steeler custom (which you can see completed in the Photos section)
-25th Anniversary Comic Pack Hawk, who promptly traded his head with my 5-pack Hawk, stole the backpack and rifle from Greatest Battles Duke and became Grunt
-Two spring-loaded cannons from the 1992 GIJoe HQ, the first contribution to my "Complete the Shadaloo Headquarters with what Hasbro left out" project.
-A Silver Mirage sidecar windscreen to replace the one I'd lost ages ago on my 1997 one.
-A fodder head and pair of arms, should the need ever arise.

Black Knight 05-01-2009 11:41 PM

So, today I was quite pleased to be awaken by the mail-man knocking at my door to deliver "Rise of Cobra" Storm Shadow (masked), Breaker, and Sgt. Stone. Now to get some time to actually take pics of them... I have one week left till I depart to Florida.

Death_at_Midnight 05-02-2009 09:50 AM

Today I was waken up by a Conquest X-30 landing in my Joe room.

Being May Day yesterday, Cobra Commander here ordered a military parade. There was even a TRU Missile Hauler -- large flatbed truck with some kind of missile. Although Chuckles reports that Cobra is currently looking for an Honest John rocket from the local hobby shop, which has a large collection of rockets.

The Joe team here has gotten some SWAT uniforms, compliments of Shockblast. Photos will probably appear here in a week or so. The Joe team is currently involved in SWAT training, so photos will take a bit to prepare.

ThinkTank 05-02-2009 12:09 PM

hey I have that truck. It is cool.

Jay 05-02-2009 12:22 PM

Well, today I picked up the True Heroes Navy SEAL boat. With a bit of touching up, my Cobra naval force will have a decent attack ship to use.

Roland da Thompson Gunner 05-02-2009 11:06 PM

Quote:
a mint Action Force Red Laser figure. :)

You be careful, you're gonna want more of the Action Force figures ;)

Outrider 05-03-2009 12:30 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roland da Thompson Gunner
You be careful, you're gonna want more of the Action Force figures ;)

Heh heh, I already have Moondancer and Blades....

vespapilot79 05-03-2009 01:44 AM

H.o.h

Got my first of many hall of heros in the mail today. Firefly. Now waiting for Stormshadow and my 10 BATS.

silentdusty 05-05-2009 08:08 AM

Well, I'm back from course, two months I won't get back again, but I picked up some goodies, the Wild Bill/Scrap Iron Comic pack, both GI Joe and Cobra 5 Packs, and when I got home I had a Cross Hair for the Outrider dio I'm working on, a near complete Canadian Thunder Clap (No figure, antenna broken), a canopy for my Tomahawk, a gun cap for my Cobra CLAW, missiles for my Skyhawk, and a helmet and backpack for my Footloose. :D

Additionally, on a trip to Halifax, I found the IJ Akator Temple playset at Winners for $15, too bad the vehicles wouldn't drop that low.

Death_at_Midnight 05-11-2009 10:23 PM

New additions:

New patrol boat, True Heros (i think)
Cobra Resolute Trooper x 4
Resolute 5 pack
Super Humvee (BSI type)
Microman Acrograb (might have mentioned in a previous post)
Cobra Commander (yet another one) with MASS Device element
Star Trek Uhura (needed another one)

vespapilot79 05-11-2009 11:57 PM

Got my 10 HOH BATS and SS and Firefly! Boosted my BAT army to 20! WOOT!!

Self-Modifier 05-12-2009 09:13 AM

I finally found the "Ghost Hawk" at Target the other day! I was beginning to think the thing was a myth!! I never owned one when I was younger... is this a brand-new mold? It seems a lot sturdier than I would've expected from a re-released 1983 mold.

Jay 05-12-2009 09:39 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Self-Modifier
I finally found the "Ghost Hawk" at Target the other day! I was beginning to think the thing was a myth!! I never owned one when I was younger... is this a brand-new mold? It seems a lot sturdier than I would've expected from a re-released 1983 mold.

Honestly, all the 25th Anniversary vehicles seem to be brand-new molds copying the original designs. Hence, they're sturdier thanks to more modern means of construction.
I don't actually OWN any 25th Anniversary vehicles so I could be wrong on some cases.

Self-Modifier 05-12-2009 11:53 AM

That could explain it! The only other 25th vehicle I own is the VAMP, and it's different in places from my original -- but I thought it was mostly re-tooling, as opposed to total re-sculpting. I should compare them more closely when I get home.

Death_at_Midnight 05-12-2009 06:47 PM

I think it's a bit of both. Some seem to be just retooled, others seem to be new molds. The water moccasin has some new looks on hatches, more foot pegs, etc. The HISS foot pegs are smaller to fit the smaller diameter holes. However it's confusing too b/c for instance the HISS doesn't allow a HISS Driver to fit nicely with the holdster, nor does the water moccassin allow copperhead to fit nicely. The copperhead that came with the thing does fit snuggly, but i'm talking about the one that came with the comic pack, b/c in my mind that's the original copperhead color... those greens. The original water mocassin has copperhead in those green/limegreen colors, so to me the comic pack copperhead represents what copperhead really looks like. Not the python patrol colors.

Self-Modifier 05-12-2009 09:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Death_at_Midnight
...for instance the HISS doesn't allow a HISS Driver to fit nicely with the holdster...

That's weird, because my 25th HISS driver fits quite nicely in my 1983-vintage HISS tank! He's obviously a bit larger in there than an ARAH fig, but I have no problem fitting him in and closing the canopy.

Death_at_Midnight 05-12-2009 10:05 PM

Hrm, maybe I am doing something wrong. I just took out my last of the vintage HISS from '83 and tried to put in a 25th HISS Driver. I didn't try to force him in there. The holster keeps getting in the way. If I do force him in, then I'll be forcing/jamming that holster through, warping the holster flap.

Anyway, I think this is my very first HISS.. still has mud caked to it, and loads of bottle rocket burn marks. Oh the memories of terrorizing the Joes on Saturday mornings :-)