JoeDios.com Forums

JoeDios.com Forums (https://www.joedios.com/forum/index.php)
-   JoeDioes.com Forum (https://www.joedios.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   *OFFICIAL* Post Your Latest Booty!! v2 (https://www.joedios.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1885)

Rambo 05-24-2009 03:41 PM

A very good score Scar.... very good...

tycondrius23 05-24-2009 04:07 PM

sweet scar when did they make a black crazy legs? is he a custom or a exclusive ?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scarrviper
Went to the local toy show and came home with all of this:

New haul

Scarrviper 05-24-2009 04:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tycondrius23
sweet scar when did they make a black crazy legs? is he a custom or a exclusive ?

That's nightforce Crazylegs from 1988

http://www.thejoeindex.com/joeindex...88/crazylegs1a/

Prince Adam 05-24-2009 04:35 PM

Awesome loot there, Scar!!!

Outrider 05-24-2009 11:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scarrviper
Went to the local toy show and came home with all of this:

New haul

Very nice pick up Kurt, I can't wait to see what customs you come up with from that lot!

tycondrius23 05-25-2009 04:03 PM

just got a red shadows Hyena . its missing the turret . anyone know of a good site that deals in joe parts i might be able to get a replacment ? cheers

tycondrius23 05-26-2009 05:52 AM

1 Attachment(s)
my latest haul anyone want to know anything about these guys let me know . one of the poor Alley vipers arms are broken .well not broken but his joint is molded to the elbow

Urban Saboteur 05-26-2009 11:30 AM

Got a SMB figure today

Got my Special Mission Brazil Wet Suit in today

He's really cool and i prefer him in the silvery suit as opposed the v1 turquoise. :)

Jay 05-26-2009 12:29 PM

I just got in a figure I needed to update two of my less inspired customs.

What figure was it, and which customs am I updating?

That, you'll have to wait and see. ;)

Prince Adam 05-26-2009 02:02 PM

Got my new Shipwreck in today so I can retire the other one. Always loved this guy and aside from the belt buckle he's in awesome condition. Polly's a great addition too.

Urban Saboteur 05-26-2009 03:03 PM

Ship ahoy!

Ship Ahoy! great figure P.A

Jay 05-26-2009 03:37 PM

Holy cow, nice Shippy there Adam!

The only one I have has no parrot and is all photodegraded... :(

Death_at_Midnight 05-28-2009 11:01 PM

Greetings mortals!

Haven't bought anything in a while, so went out today and bought the following:

Bravo army soldier (x2)
Deadpool (finally found one)
Mrs Marvel

No Joe stuff yet. I just paid off my credit card, so it feels kinda nice not having that to pay per month. But now I'll be able to focus specifically on ordering Joe stuff.

--Death

ThinkTank 05-28-2009 11:11 PM

I got a complete Whirlwind and a complete Coastal Defender on an out of town trip the other day to Houston. That toy store there is fit to live in. Dont tell wifey because we are almost broke lol.

Death_at_Midnight 05-29-2009 06:44 AM

Congrats on finding a whirlwind. I've been hunting for 2 of them.

--Death

jedsoon 05-29-2009 10:10 AM

I also found Deadpool and Ms. Marvel the other day. Finally sprung for a T-1, it looks like I could justify picking up a couple more!

Death_at_Midnight 05-29-2009 09:17 PM

Greetings mortals,

Well, today was crazy. Someone tried to buy things using my credit card number out in California. Fortunately I had taken measures months ago against such things.. but it's still cause a lot of trouble, new cards, etc. And so my Joe orders for this week and last week are on hold.

So, I had to go out and buy another Resolute 5 pack. So that's two more red resolute troopers, yet another resolute CC, another black BAT, another Duke.

--Death

Rambo 05-30-2009 07:10 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Death_at_Midnight
Greetings mortals,

Well, today was crazy. Someone tried to buy things using my credit card number out in California. Fortunately I had taken measures months ago against such things.. but it's still cause a lot of trouble, new cards, etc. And so my Joe orders for this week and last week are on hold.

So, I had to go out and buy another Resolute 5 pack. So that's two more red resolute troopers, yet another resolute CC, another black BAT, another Duke.

--Death

Please share with us what counter measures did you use.

Death_at_Midnight 05-30-2009 08:21 AM

What really worked is that the card is not authorized to be used outside of my area. When I travel I tell the bank folks where I go so they will make adjustment.

Prince Adam 05-30-2009 10:45 AM

Wow, that's really crazy Death! At least you ound up on top though. Sorry you had to cancel all your orders though. :(

Black Knight 05-30-2009 11:43 AM

Ok, so over the past week I have added to my collection with a huge 1980's vehicle lot, an Earthquake, and some ARAH figures.

The Earthquake was bought on EBay for $4.99 + $10.00 for S&H, it's only missing the missiles.

The vehicle lot was two boxes for $80.00, as much as I didn't want to fork out the money, now I'm glad I did. This is from my local "toy collector".

Box 1:

GI Joe Headquarters (99% complete - missing flagpole & spotlight, I think)
VAMP (99% complete - missing gas cans)
AWE (100% complete)
APC (100% complete)
3 different mobile gun stations (all near complete)
Sky-Striker (20% complete)
Covergirl's Tank (near complete)
Triple-T (100% complete)
MOBAT (near complete)
Sgt. Slaughter V1 (mint - minus weapons)
Covergirl V1 (mint- minus weapons)
Duke V1 (near mint - broken O-Ring)

Cobra Ferret (near complete)
Cobra ASP (missing canopy)
Cobra Rattler (missing "windows")
Cobra HISS V1 (missing stickers)

Box 2:

Killer Whale (20% complete)
Space Shuttle (small one - 15% complete)
Phantom? (big futuristic jet thing - missing wing tips)

Cobra Python "Conquest" (missing missiles)
Cobra Night Raven (missing tail fins & scout jet)
Cobra Hammerhead (10% complete)

Anything in red I'm willing to part with, just make an offer if you are interested.

Prince Adam 05-30-2009 11:58 AM

Today the postwoman brought me a nice sized box containing a 100% complete Zartan and Swamp Skier, even has the box and all the inserts and paperwork including catalogs and such. On top of that it still had the thermo-sticker sheet with only one set applied! I'm like pig in... you know. ;)

oh yeah, got a complete Swivel Arm Cobra Trooper too. But he's taking a back seat. :D

Outrider 05-31-2009 09:56 PM

Finally, FINALLY my CC Undertow arrived, and man, is he a cool figure! :D

Nekoman 06-01-2009 07:06 AM

I got my stuff from BBTS recently, which was:

The MASS Device DVD pack
Weather Dominator DVD pack
MOSC version 2 HEAT Viper (which I opened as he didn't seem to be worth much)
25th Anniversary Black HISS Tank
Action Force Devil Fish

Can anyone tell me how rare a AF Devil Fish is by the way? I know regular ones aren't rare, but I don't know about Action Force. It's pretty cool having it in my collection anyway.

silentdusty 06-01-2009 01:32 PM

Also got my CC Undertow, I concur with everyone on how great this figure is. Now to get some O-Ring Grenadiers..

Urban Saboteur 06-01-2009 05:37 PM

Skymate

I finally got the skymate I was looking for :)

Outrider tribute diorama on the way :D

Rambo 06-03-2009 06:56 AM

Elder Predator

I was able to get one of the elusives (or expensives) Predator from Microman series. It is awesome.

Also, in a lucky strike I got a Special Forces badge. Very cool insignia.

tycondrius23 06-03-2009 07:08 AM

those are some sweet figures aren't they . btw did he have all his bits ? cloack and blades etc?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rambo
I was able to get one of the elusives (or expensives) Predator from Microman series. It is awesome.

Also, in a lucky strike I got a Special Forces badge. Very cool insignia.

tycondrius23 06-03-2009 07:15 AM

my newest haul is a tip-top Night raven . now I have 2 ! yes prob over kill . and i got an original AF .S.H.A.R.C or flying submarine . and ofcourse Rexor ed-509 mech
who you've seen posted in the photos .

Outrider 06-03-2009 01:21 PM

After many years of looking for one I finally took delivery of a World Peacekeepers Humvee with the canvas cover on the rear deck. If anyone is interesed, I got it from a cool British site:
http://www.mklmodels.co.uk/peacekee...gures-393-c.asp
They have a great range, I've had three orders from them now without a problem.

Jay 06-03-2009 03:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Outrider
After many years of looking for one I finally took delivery of a World Peacekeepers Humvee with the canvas cover on the rear deck. If anyone is interesed, I got it from a cool British site:
http://www.mklmodels.co.uk/peacekee...gures-393-c.asp
They have a great range, I've had three orders from them now without a problem.

Shipping must be KILLER though... :eek:

Outrider 06-03-2009 03:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jay
Shipping must be KILLER though... :eek:

Yeah, but it's like that for me wherever I buy from. :(

Rambo 06-03-2009 04:21 PM

Quote:
those are some sweet figures aren't they . btw did he have all his bits ? cloack and blades etc?

Yep Tyc. He came with everything. Let me take a picture to show you. Indeed, sweet, so sweet.

tycondrius23 06-04-2009 03:04 PM

cool those preds are well worth it oh if you want alternate in scale preds looks for the hottoys snap fit kits . the elder from that set has a sweet cloth cloak . if you don't mind me asking how much did he set ya back ?
Quote:
Yep Tyc. He came with everything. Let me take a picture to show you. Indeed, sweet, so sweet.

Rambo 06-04-2009 04:44 PM

Intel

Quote:
cool those preds are well worth it oh if you want alternate in scale preds looks for the hottoys snap fit kits . the elder from that set has a sweet cloth cloak . if you don't mind me asking how much did he set ya back ?

I dont mind sharing intel.
Price: $15 :D
S&H: $20 :)
Delivery time: 2 months :o . Well, it was in Hong Kong and I live in Colombia (South America)

Hot Toys made spectacular versions. Does hottoys make 3.75 figs?

GoCards 06-04-2009 10:20 PM

Got the newer version of the Punisher and Blade figures today. If my computer wasn't so F'ed up right now I'd be posting some pics.

Death_at_Midnight 06-04-2009 10:25 PM

Greetings!

Bought two droids. Target has some 3 3/4" R2 and R5 units that are remote controlled (infrared). They move straight, turn, sounds, lights. The units are better quality than the regular toy.

Picked up the classic blue/white R2 droid, and the black R2 empire version. Pretty good for fun at the office.

--Death

Prince Adam 06-04-2009 10:32 PM

Do they work really well? I was thinking about getting one for my brother.

tycondrius23 06-05-2009 12:46 AM

dude you were damn lucky on that I've seen those on ebay for $40 to $119
anyhu yup hottoys make some sweet figures . http://www.hottoys.com.hk/product.php?cat=15&pid=153 .theres also an aliens set with in scale marines .i have the full set to make the queen to she's huge but standing her is touble

Quote:

I dont mind sharing intel.
Price: $15 :D
S&H: $20 :)
Delivery time: 2 months :o . Well, it was in Hong Kong and I live in Colombia (South America)

Hot Toys made spectacular versions. Does hottoys make 3.75 figs?

Death_at_Midnight 06-05-2009 07:03 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prince Adam
Do they work really well? I was thinking about getting one for my brother.

Yes, they do work well. However, movement is simple, just two buttons on the controller: straight and rotate (rotate right i think). The speed is rather quick, especially the turning. Works best on a level surface. The turning/rotation is pretty narrow, so let's say you find the droid up against a wall, when you turn the unit reverses slightly then rotates. Can get out of jams well.

One con: the two main legs do not move. They are fixed/molded into the body. If the angle of the legs were a little more back, it would give the unit more stability when the droid is turning. That turning can be very quick that it can cause the droid to fall over. Not offten, but has happened several times.

Each unit is on a different frequency/band, so you can have one of each and they won't interfere with each other.

Future plans, I hope to buy another black one and paint it Cobra colors. ;-)