JoeDios.com Forums

JoeDios.com Forums (https://www.joedios.com/forum/index.php)
-   JoeDioes.com Forum (https://www.joedios.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   *OFFICIAL* Post Your Latest Booty!! v2 (https://www.joedios.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1885)

Beast from the east 07-20-2009 02:32 PM

I ROC Cover Girl,CG and python Patrol off ebay
and am really glad I won the Star Wars fig Whorm Lothsome
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dl...em=300330152745
I have the blue Tank for him already.

Beast from the east 07-21-2009 09:26 AM

So I went to walmart last night.
The display was gone from the middle of the isle but they had them set up in a regular isle. I bought the night raven,another gunship,steel crusher and Camo Scarlett.
The night Raven is really cool.I didn't have ythe original so I can't compare the 2 but the lights and sounds and the semi automatic firing missles are awesome.For the $50 I paid, its worth it.I will do a review of it later today.

Steel crusher is ok.Might use it as a prisoner transport for Cobra.

Have 2 Gunships now.2 things I don't like are 1. No Propeller.Should have it and 2. Hard to sit anyone in the back.Seems too small to fit a fig in there nicely.

Jay 07-21-2009 11:29 AM

Today I received a Cobra WOLF (stickerless, missing the wheels and with the front cockpit hinge broken, but otherwise complete) and an almost-complete GIJoe Badger, so I can now begin to transplant parts between the Crimson Cruiser and the Badger to make a maroon and blue Cobra vehicle! :D

Jay 07-21-2009 01:42 PM

Aaaaand I just got back from shopping with a Mole Pod.
I mostly got it for the Terra-Viper, whom I will use as a Cobra infantry commander... I guess the Mole Pod can be his personal attack vehicle.

tycondrius23 07-21-2009 01:56 PM

doesnt that mole pod look like this

http://www.ninjaturtles.com/toys/1990/module.htm

very similar eh . lol

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jay
I mostly got it for the Terra-Viper, whom I will use as a Cobra infantry commander... I guess the Mole Pod can be his personal attack vehicle.

Da Talent 07-21-2009 01:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jay

I guess SOMEONE out there had to want a Terra-viper.

Jay 07-21-2009 03:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by fireflyed
I guess SOMEONE out there had to want a Terra-viper.

Yeah. And that's me.

But I'm not using the toy as a Terra-Viper, I'm using it as a single character. With his size and overall look he actually works great as a Cobra character I'd been meaning to make myself but couldn't get inspired in terms of parts.

Death_at_Midnight 07-22-2009 05:57 PM

Greetings mortals!

Bought the following:

Resolute 5 pack (CC, Duke, black BAT, red trooper, red officer)
ROC Helix
ROC Hawk (don't really like)
ROC Ice-Viper
ROC Flash
ROC Eel
ROC Crimson Neo-Viper
ROC Elite Viper
ROC PIT Commando
Crimson Hydra (with aero-viper)

Black Knight 07-22-2009 07:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jay
Yeah. And that's me.

But I'm not using the toy as a Terra-Viper, I'm using it as a single character. With his size and overall look he actually works great as a Cobra character I'd been meaning to make myself but couldn't get inspired in terms of parts.

he's Croc-Master repainted... I have no desire to have another Croc-Master, repaint or not, one is enough.

On another note... bought the "Ice Saber" today... pics are to come soon, but I've been quite busy packing.

Jay 07-22-2009 08:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Black Knight
he's Croc-Master repainted... I have no desire to have another Croc-Master, repaint or not, one is enough.

Actually, his arms and legs come from Serpentor, which gives him a taller, more imposing frame.

According to the package, he was originally intended to be entirely made from Serpentor with Croc Master's head, but Hasbro seems to have changed their mind (probably because they had nothing to replace Serpy's skirt with).

GoCards 07-24-2009 09:53 AM

Elite Viper
Pit Commando(2)!
Hawk
Neo-Viper

Almost picked up the Crimson Neo-Viper, but passed. The Pit Commando is awesome! The gear alone makes it worthwhile.

Flatline 07-24-2009 10:18 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoCards
Pit Commando(2)!
The Pit Commando is awesome! The gear alone makes it worthwhile.

I ALMOST GRABBED THE GUY FOR THE SAME REASON :D .........I'M GOING BACK TODAY IN HOPES OF FINDING THE PARIS S.E. BEFORE THE SALE ENDS AT TOYS R US.

Black Knight 07-24-2009 11:53 AM

I just bought a Pit Commando and he looks awesome.

neapolitan joe 07-24-2009 01:23 PM

edit.

Jay 07-24-2009 01:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by neapolitan joe
Please, Black Knight, post pics of the terrific pit near other classic big vehicles.
Thanks.

...he bought the Pit Commando, the Rise Of Cobra "Greenshirt" (Grayshirt???), not the PIT Headquarters playset.

tycondrius23 07-24-2009 02:59 PM

i'm getting a squad of nano vipers soon (green version of the neo-viper commando

Death_at_Midnight 07-24-2009 05:47 PM

Greetings brief mortals!

Today my glorious armies have grown by the following:

ROC Agent Helix (x2)
ROC Zartan (for use as an MP to compliment the PIT Commandos, not as Zartan.)
ROC PIT Commando
ROC Cover Girl (wanted another laptop)

Bayer 07-25-2009 02:51 AM

My latest haul only took forty years to arrive!

Last Monday was my fortieth birthday and I got a haul.
F-22 Raptor
Cobra Gunship
2 MagnaGuard Fighters
three T-1 Terminators
A 20th Anni Firebat
and a ROC Cobra Commander

The best part is in another couple weeks, I'll be getting a few more pieces!!!! Took a little of the sting out of turning 40!!!!!

Flatline 07-25-2009 05:12 AM

Still O'ring Fan Tough!

i Picked Up More Roc Figures Yesterday Walked Into Toys R Us For A Paris Se And Walked Out With:
Elite Viper(that's #2 Now)
Destro
Barroness
Firefly (tru Exclusive)
Paris Snake Eyes
Masked Storm Shadow

Urban Saboteur 07-25-2009 01:37 PM

GIJOE figures

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bayer
F-22 Raptor
Cobra Gunship
2 MagnaGuard Fighters
three T-1 Terminators
A 20th Anni Firebat

The best part is in another couple weeks, I'll be getting a few more pieces!!!! Took a little of the sting out of turning 40!!!!!

damn that certainly would take the sting out of any milestone!! :D
The f-22 raptor is cool.

I got these recently..
Zandar, Gnawgahyde, Sagat, Scoop & Avalanche. :)

Outrider 07-25-2009 03:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bayer
F-22 Raptor
Cobra Gunship
2 MagnaGuard Fighters
three T-1 Terminators
A 20th Anni Firebat

Welcome to the over 40's club, Bayer! :D

tycondrius23 07-26-2009 07:15 AM

cool stuff I feel happier about turning 30 in 2 years so then cuz I know theres still joe fans out there that still have a joe collection and haven't had there other half's threaten them about getting rid of it :)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Outrider

Black Knight 07-26-2009 11:03 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tycondrius23
cool stuff I feel happier about turning 30 in 2 years so then cuz I know theres still joe fans out there that still have a joe collection and haven't had there other half's threaten them about getting rid of it :)

I feel you man, I turn 30 this year and I still have to deal with "other-half" quite often when it comes to my collection.

Also grabbed two more Ice-Vipers and another Elite Viper.

Death_at_Midnight 07-26-2009 11:56 AM

Quote:
I feel you man, I turn 30 this year and I still have to deal with "other-half" quite often when it comes to my collection.

Also grabbed two more Ice-Vipers and another Elite Viper.

I don't have an "other-half" yet.. but will be adding her to my collection this December/January. So far she likes the Joe collection I now have and has triggered a creative streak in her as well, but mostly in terms of business.

New additions to the Joe collection:
ROC Baroness (for customs)
SW Princess Leia
25th AWE (was on clearance for $12)

Scarrviper 07-26-2009 03:52 PM

Picked up the cobra gunship and TRU exclusive ROC Firefly for his gear.

The gunship is sweet. I've already bugun converting it into a proper helicopter. Expect pics soon;)

Beast from the east 07-27-2009 06:27 PM

Found ROC Sgt Stone and Deep Six at a Zellers so I picked them up. I love the camo on D6(repaint of 25th Torpedo)Starting to get a water team of 25th now.

Death_at_Midnight 07-27-2009 10:36 PM

Greetings!

ROC PIT Commando
ROC Helix
ROC Elite Viper

rnrhero 07-28-2009 12:27 AM

Quote:
I feel you man, I turn 30 this year

I just turned 32 and with a Wife of 8 years and a kid I have started to feel like the Grumpy old man I always knew I would grow up to be. :(

Urban Saboteur 07-28-2009 04:15 AM

What???

Quote:
Originally Posted by Outrider

What?? we have an over 40s club here now?? I must join it when I get old.. :o j/K!

I'm very pleased to announce my room is being invaded by Aliens.. in particular an Alien Bounty Hunter!!

Many thanks to my good friend Patrick A. Riley @ yojoe for the assist in getting me him.

ThinkTank 07-28-2009 10:44 PM

I picked up Helix and an Ice Viper yesterday. Most impressive. I had to pass on Flash, Pit Commando, and the ROC EEL cuz I didnt have much cash on me. I would get the Flash and the Commando if I see them again. The EEL was underwhelming.

Death_at_Midnight 07-29-2009 06:54 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThinkTank
The EEL was underwhelming.

Agreed. The ROC EEL leaves a lot lacking. However, the spring loaded canon shooter thing is useful.. it resembles one of those underwater self-propelled things a diver will hold to move around without swimming. But in a way, it also looks like it might have been designed to look like a torpedo. But anyway....

tycondrius23 07-29-2009 12:00 PM

sweet wouldn't mind a deep six. is there wet-down a Roc figure ? sumone said he was let-down but i'm confused did he mean deep-six as they are similar and he himself got confused
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beast from the east
Found ROC Sgt Stone and Deep Six at a Zellers so I picked them up. I love the camo on D6(repaint of 25th Torpedo)Starting to get a water team of 25th now.

Jay 07-29-2009 05:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tycondrius23
sweet wouldn't mind a deep six. is there wet-down a Roc figure ? sumone said he was let-down but i'm confused did he mean deep-six as they are similar and he himself got confused

There is no "Wet-Down".

ROC Wet-Suit is being released as a Target exclusive with that Wave Crusher thing from Spy Troops, but when some factory workers stole samples of the figure they neglected to grab the gear, so they slapped ROC Flash's mask on it, and some people were all "OMG WET-DOWN" or some dumb thing like that.
But ROC Wet-Suit's mold and gear are identical to the ones from the Attack Of Cobra Island 7-pack.

Outrider 07-29-2009 10:11 PM

Picked up another complete Maggot/Worms at a good price, going to customize the Maggot, probably in all black to match my v1 Hiss tanks.

Death_at_Midnight 07-30-2009 11:36 PM

Greetings!

ROC Ice Viper (x2)
ROC PIT Commando (x2)
ROC Cobra Elite Viper
ROC Crimson Neo Viper

tycondrius23 07-30-2009 11:46 PM

man were you getting all those ice vipers ? and can i get some :p
Quote:
Originally Posted by Death_at_Midnight
Greetings!

ROC Ice Viper (x2)
ROC PIT Commando (x2)
ROC Cobra Elite Viper
ROC Crimson Neo Viper

Flatline 07-31-2009 06:45 AM

Big Fat Liar

WHILE HELIX HUNTING FOR G, I BROKE DOWN AND PICKED UP A DESERT AMBUSH SCARLETT AND REACTIVE ARMOR DUKE :o .......EVEN THOUGH I SAID PARIS SNAKES AND HELIX WERE THE ONLY JOES I WOULD PICK UP. PROVING THE FACT THE MORE YOU SEE THESE FIGURES THE MORE THEY GROW ON YOU :D

GoCards 07-31-2009 09:12 AM

Got 3 more Pit Commandos, which brings the total to 5!

Black Knight 07-31-2009 10:14 AM

Picked up ROC General Hawk and Snake-Eyes w/ Arashikage Cycle.

Flatline 07-31-2009 10:39 AM

Quote:
Picked up Snake-Eyes w/ Arashikage Cycle.

That's out already????