JoeDios.com Forums

JoeDios.com Forums (https://www.joedios.com/forum/index.php)
-   JoeDioes.com Forum (https://www.joedios.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   *OFFICIAL* Post Your Latest Booty!! v2 (https://www.joedios.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1885)

Flatline 08-19-2009 07:36 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by vader9900
I went to TRU and spent money I should not have, got Arctic Snake Eyes & Storm Shadow, Paris Baroness, Para-Viper, Rex & Sigma 6 suit Duke :D Photos coming when I get a chance.

So the next waves are hitting you there.....must be coming my way soon (I HOPE)

Jay 08-19-2009 12:49 PM

I has new stuff!

MOC Episode 1 Amidala. Mostly a useless toy since I don't collect Star Wars, but her head is ideal to replace my ARAH Cover Girl's.
Major Altitude: My RHINO copter needs a gunner, plus all things considered he's a pretty cool Frankenjoe.
A pair of fodder arms
Badger missile, one of the two pieces my AWEFUL was missing
And the best part, a Cobra Ice Snake! With this and my WOLF, my Cobra snow forces are starting to look ready for the winter!

ToneGunsRevisited 08-20-2009 11:08 AM

Mail brought me:

10 Sure Fires v2 already customized (head swamps), so I've a bigger SWAT Team =D; (I've 8 extra Sure Fire heads for trade, I saw some people used them as Fred Crimson Guard heads.

Zartan v2 complete;

Mace complete.

Flatline 08-20-2009 11:17 AM

Maybe I Have Fallen To The Darkside

i Picked Up A Roc Shipwreck, Gnl. Hawk And A Pit Commando I Kow I Said I Wouldn't But Dam It They Are Growing On Me. :p

Scarrviper 08-20-2009 03:45 PM

scored some dio props and accesories today. Expect pics soon.

tycondrius23 08-21-2009 04:22 PM

todays hauls
another ROC Zartan
Snake Trax .swapped my other scrap iron for a helix .
also got a 1:18 hummer roadbot . see recent pics
and the Terminator moto-terminator.
must go back and get more of the t-600 and t-800 figures they are on clearance for 4.50 each :)

Jay 08-21-2009 06:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tycondrius23
swapped my other scrap iron for a helix

:confused:
Like... toy-swapped?

tycondrius23 08-21-2009 11:32 PM

yup a guy i know on the tank swapped me flash helix and the EEL for terra viper scrap Iron and thunderblast .i felt kinda like he got cheated so even tho he didn't ask me i threw in my rockslide and snowjob .

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jay
:confused:
Like... toy-swapped?

Death_at_Midnight 08-21-2009 11:32 PM

Greetings!

Picked me up the following:

ROC Helix (that makes 3 complete Helix's for now, the other 3 have been customized)

ROC EEL (x2) (started customizing them tonight too.)
ROC Ice Viper

Roland da Thompson Gunner 08-22-2009 12:06 AM

Quote:
yup a guy i know on the tank swapped me flash helix and the EEL for terra viper scrap Iron and thunderblast .i felt kinda like he got cheated so even tho he didn't ask me i threw in my rockslide and snowjob .

Jay thinks you meant you were one of those cats who replaces desirable figures with commonplace figures

Some people get really really mad about it, but I think it's hilarious. It's not like any of this stuff is actually "rare"

Jay 08-22-2009 12:23 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roland da Thompson Gunner
Jay thinks you meant you were one of those cats who replaces desirable figures with commonplace figures

Some people get really really mad about it, but I think it's hilarious. It's not like any of this stuff is actually "rare"

It's theft, Roland.

Plain and simple.

tycondrius23 08-22-2009 10:20 AM

ah you mean those uncouth repackers .yeah I'm lucking in the fact i'
ve not seen them here our returns polices are a lot stricter .unopened or seal able pending inspection sorta thing nah all the vehicles I bout tho beast from the ease fgot the spare rocket launchers from both my armoured panthers. not a big fan of launchers. not since i nearly blinded my buddie with the ones from the rockslide . :)
but no I don't repack things . hence why I'm sending the dude a complet rockslide with snowjob . I mean the vehicle drivers have no gear to speak off so i gave him it. plus the shops near me had them on discount .

Quote:

Rambo 08-22-2009 11:04 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ToneGunsRevisited
Mail brought me:

10 Sure Fires v2 already customized (head swamps), so I've a bigger SWAT Team =D; (I've 8 extra Sure Fire heads for trade, I saw some people used them as Fred Crimson Guard heads.

Zartan v2 complete;

Mace complete.

Hey! Give me one head Luis!

Beast from the east 08-22-2009 12:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rambo
Hey! Give me one head Luis!

You want LUIS to give you head.

This can be deleted if its too offensive. :-o

Roland da Thompson Gunner 08-22-2009 12:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jay
It's theft, Roland.

Plain and simple.

Oh I get it. Swapping a toy is the exact same as knocking over a 7-11 or defrauding investors out of billions of dollars through extremely lenient regulatory commisions!

Rambo 08-22-2009 02:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beast from the east
You want LUIS to give you head.

This can be deleted if its too offensive. :-o

Shut up pervert!! I didn't say dick...
the only head I want is Surefire's one....

Jay 08-22-2009 03:47 PM

Quote:
Oh I get it. Swapping a toy is the exact same as knocking over a 7-11 or defrauding investors out of billions of dollars through extremely lenient regulatory commisions!

Yes.

It screws over retailers who won't be able to sell the product. Or if an unsuspecting parent buys the toy... the kid is screwed over because he's got a broken Stinger with an old Cobra Officer with broken thumbs and a broken crotch instead of the Steel Crusher, as is the parent who bought the swapped toy.

Theft is theft.

tycondrius23 08-22-2009 03:59 PM

I agree with you there jay . plus not to mention the crafty guys on ebay selling the ROC line with repacks figures as fresh from case I got it this way figures and getting 90$ a pop for them !! case in point there was a ROC shipwreck repack on ebay recently sold for 95$ it had a shipwreck with a obiwan head and non of the proper weapons or accessorizes !!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jay
Yes.

It screws over retailers who won't be able to sell the product. Or if an unsuspecting parent buys the toy... the kid is screwed over because he's got a broken Stinger with an old Cobra Officer with broken thumbs and a broken crotch instead of the Steel Crusher, as is the parent who bought the swapped toy.

Theft is theft.

Beast from the east 08-22-2009 04:13 PM

That happened to me a few years ago,I bought a Cllassic Series Hillbilly Jim but someone swapped out the RA body for a R3 body and you couldn't see the difference until you took him out of the package.I wasn't going to travel back to halifax(about an hour drive) to exchange him.
I was pissed.

Dreadnok Dread 08-23-2009 12:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jay
Yes.

Theft is theft.

I do agree it shouldn't be done. But they retailers pay up to a 3% in insurance to cover stuff like that. In the end if it doesn't sell they can send it back as damaged,opened,or just as a return unless the item is NR non returnable which with hasbro it usually never is nr. Its still wrong but retailers don't get screwed its the common joe fan that gets screwed. Maybe hasbro should repackage all the 5 figure sets separately since most of us want just one fig out of it any ways. I do agree with roland its not larceny or grand theft its not like you held the people up. It costs hasbro nothing to produce figures the cost is usually in the making the molds then after that the produce hundreds of pieces in minutes for cents to sell them for 9 bucks a pop. No one ever really wins in this game called life unless you play unfair. Just giving my two cents since I was a retail manager for 8 years and my dad is a mold maker. hopefully I don't piss anyone off with my opinion. :) cheers DD

ThinkTank 08-23-2009 02:18 PM

Went by the TRU 2fer sale today and picked up another PIT commando, another Flash, another Accelerator Ripcord and the Dr. I should have left the Dr. and got another PIT commando. They did have the shirtless SS and the trenchcoat Baroness, big pass for me. I still do not like the single card Baroness at all.

Scuba Steve 08-23-2009 03:44 PM

I hit up the 2 for 10 at TRU today also still no Pit Commando (someone here is wiping them out quick considering there were still Helix figures on the peg) So I used the sale to pick up the Firefly and Barbque exclusives! the only one I haven't bought now is regular SE! (of the first 3 waves) I haven't seen 4 yet and I have 5 on pre order with BBTS (not going to take a chance missing out on city strike SE)

vader9900 08-23-2009 04:21 PM

Picked up the Dragonhawk, I know no one likes it because of the size. I like it alot, I am limited on space now and I like the smaller sized vehicles

Da Talent 08-23-2009 04:31 PM

I had a pretty good day today! Picked up a Helix, Elite Viper and Crimson Neo. Then went to big lots and got two world peace keeper hummers and 2 helos! Maybe this will get me back in the picture taking groove.

Agent Viper 08-23-2009 06:42 PM

Well i got my ROC Firefly a while back. finally posted it up xD

Jay 08-24-2009 12:45 PM

Picked up a ROC Cover Girl today.

Keeping her in package for now, but when I get a Helix the Helix head is going right onto that body to make a ROC Dial-Tone.

TRU exclusives never make it here and I don't want to pay Internet Prices (tm) for a 5-pack with only one figure I'd want.

GoCards 08-24-2009 05:03 PM

Power Team SAS 3-Pack and Campfire set from Big Lots today.

Death_at_Midnight 08-24-2009 06:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jay
Keeping her in package for now, but when I get a Helix the Helix head is going right onto that body to make a ROC Dial-Tone.

I've done that.. but you'll have to drill a bit to make the head fit right. Else it'll sit a bit too high.

ThinkTank 08-27-2009 12:09 AM

I got Reactive Armor Ripcord and Accelerator suit Duke today at TRU. The Ripcord has a great body, but the head sits a bit high, kind of like the Duke one that I have been passing on. That is the first ROC Duke I have gotten. I also saw the SRO pack with Grunt and Speed Metal? It was the goofy ass Serpentor bald head on a golden-y colored accelerator suit. The Grunt looked to be a straight up Zartan in disguise repaint. Pass all day long on all those SRO packs so far.

tycondrius23 08-27-2009 09:07 AM

10 pristine new Ice vipers arrived on my door yesterday :) that makes 11 . I'm nealy up to you Death :P
still awaiting my SDCC destro and my international joecon joes :)

ToneGunsRevisited 08-27-2009 12:59 PM

Postman brought:

Funkskool Beachhead;
Road Pig v1;
Rock Viper v2.

giTom 08-27-2009 01:17 PM

TRU has Joe figs for 2 for $10.99 this week, time to use the free $10.00 gift card from 2 for $9.99 special.

I picked up:
ROC Firefly (Resolute?) very nice figure! :)
Ice Viper - excellent! Limited artic, but looks great! :)

swung by Ross looking for the elusive discounted #5 DVD 5-pack, found TRU 3 packs of Ace, Wild Bill & Starduster and Deep Six, Wetsuit & Cutter for $7.99.

Picked up the second set -
Deep Six - :eek: - total loss
Wetsuit - holding out for 7 pack Wet Suit, great colors for a Joe frogman :) (Depthcharge?)
Cutter - yeah, he's a Gung-Ho combo repaint, but I need him for my restored WHALE! :D

Death_at_Midnight 08-27-2009 06:08 PM

Quote:
10 pristine new Ice vipers arrived on my door yesterday :) that makes 11 . I'm nealy up to you Death :P

Hrm, oh yeah? hehehe.. ;-)

Death_at_Midnight 08-27-2009 06:51 PM

Greetings!

ROC Para-Viper

Note: this paraviper is almost the same as the earlier 25th style, but as you all can see of the many photos out there, it's mostly black, with dark grey, and some dark red highlights. But the differences are a bit more. Firstly the hoses are silver, yet when you remove them (as I was doing), you can see they are molded from a ruby-red transparent plastic. It should be interesting to see a custom paraviper with ruby red hoses.

The padding on the elbows seem to be of a slightly softer plastic than the previous version. The goggles on the helmet is of a more translucent paint, and also ruby-red. The ammo clips on the leg, above the knife is the only real con.. it kinda gets in the way of the knife if you want to fully straighten the leg. The previous paraviper had the clips on the other leg. There is a hole through the chute right through the cobra sigil, which I don't like. But it's there and I suspect that the spring-rocket shooter (which resembles some sort of flying assisting machine) can attach there. There's a very very long peg that seems to fit into the hole.

The spring-rocket shooter thing looks good without the projectile. There's a helicopter style mini-blade that fits into a hole in the shooter, and it rotates freely. With the extra long peg and the hole in the backpack, it makes me suspect that this paraviper uses the shooter as some sort of flying assisting machine, as mentioned above. The helicoper blade doesn't make sense--too small--but the shooter kinda looks like an aerodynamic rocket pack. But I haven't figured how the figure is supposed to grab the handle bars.

Self-Modifier 08-29-2009 03:27 PM

Well, I finally found a Helix today, so my R.O.C. purchases are at an end... for now.

Scarrviper 08-29-2009 04:22 PM

Here's my latest:

Battle corps Stalker

pit commando (for his sweet gear)

some custom fodder

Van helsing castle Dracula "play"set ( flimsy but great for shots)

Death_at_Midnight 08-30-2009 10:39 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Greetings all ye mortals!

TRU has some sticky Cobra and Joe (ARAH) logos for sale for about $5. They stick pretty good, and are removeable. Drove home with a Cobra sigil on my car. Bought two of them, now two of my laptops have the Cobra sigil.

Found them in the game console section where you can find skins for game controlers.

Flatline 09-01-2009 01:15 PM

%#@% Toys R Us!

TWO DAYS AFTER THE TOYS R US SALE I WONDER IN AND FIND THESE 3 :mad:
PARIS PURSUIT BARONESS
REACTIVE IMPACT ARMORED RIPCORD
AND DR. REX LEWIS IN BLCK COAT.
THANK GOODNESS I STILL HAD MY TEN DOLLAR GIFT CARD :D

ToneGunsRevisited 09-01-2009 04:17 PM

I got today:

Short Fuze Night Force and another Rock Viper v2 (Range Viper mold). I'm up to 4 right now.

vespapilot79 09-02-2009 01:39 AM

Picked up a cobra desert set at rite aid for 21 bucks and change!! They have both artic and desert sets there!! What does this mean for the newest online exclusive sets?? Time will only tell...