View Single Post

Old 09-06-2010, 11:44 AM #96
Hammerfel
Administrator

-->
Hammerfel will become famous soon enough -->

Send a message via ICQ to Hammerfel Send a message via AIM to Hammerfel Send a message via MSN to Hammerfel Send a message via Yahoo to Hammerfel

Quote:
Originally Posted by PFunk
Name: Chuck

Well...I'm from Texas...just about sums it up, don't it?

Seriously, I am a high school science teacher in central Texas. I have a BS in Wildlife Biology from Texas A&M where I was a member of the Corps of Cadets. Believe it or not, I started out in the legal department of a major mobile phone company (one of the big ones) and I worked as a liason with law enforcement. When that job started to drift into some uncomfortable stuff I didn't want to do, I quit. Didn't want to subject my new bride to stuff she wanted nothing to do with. Let's just say it bordered on intelligence work. I could tell you what I did, but then I'd have to bore you to death.

When I don't teach, play with my son or coach six-man football in our little, tiny town, I hunt and fish. Right now, it's dove season. Did ya'll know reloading shells is stinkin' expensive? Used to be the way to go when I was a kid.

I have two children, one daughter, one son and the son is why I'm into GI Joe again. He's six, and he's an absolute GI Joe NUT. He saw Rise of Cobra and my life has never been the same since. My wonderful, beautiful, long suffering wife realizes she now has TWO action figure/comic book geeks living with her. She shakes her head and mumbles a lot. Hey, I don't interrupt her when she's doing her craft stuff.

I have been disappointed in the latest vehicles for GI Joe, so I'm doing a lot of customizing, and the main reason I'm here is for advice and tutelage to help me get the most out of my money for my son and I to play with stuff. We don't collect to look at, we have wars in the living room.

I just finished my first custom since 1988 and I've posted it here for critique and advice.

God's blessings,

pfunk

Welcome PFunk! Good to see another Dad in the house! I have an 8 year old son myself, and we play Joes together as well. It is like reliving my childhood.

Hammerfel