View Single Post

Old 01-30-2007, 07:25 PM #6
General Scarlett
Hell hath no fury....

-->
General Scarlett is on a distinguished road -->

I'm in agreement with Lava Boss, the cover is hysterical due to the fact that it suffers from the same lament as a majority of Superman comics-Simply Cover Art. Don't get me wrong, this ploy works for collectors & artists like me!
The story in this issue is a bit of a reach, what with the whacko and all the rest, but it does play out to a fear that at the time was, for the most part, unknown. I recall after really getting further into the series & learning about Destro & M.A.R.S., this issue popped into my mind as someone that Destro might sell to. We know that Destro is all about the scratch, but I think that it would have had to be someone else who set up the transactions due to Destro actually laughing the Wingnut out the door......but who knows??

As for Hawk & his piloting the plane, it was touched upon in a later issue. But like most things Hawk related, there was not really a whole lot of 'creativeness' involved. But that's just my point of view.......

All in all, this issue was an attempt to solidify G.I. Joe as 'A Real American Hero' and damn if it didn't work...in spades!!!!!!

Coming soon: 'JoeSpecialOps'