Old 03-11-2014, 03:30 PM #1
dinoviper
Veteran

-->
dinoviper is on a distinguished road -->
Default Star Brigade

Effects
Explosives Expert

During the 90s G.I. Joe took a turn for the worse according to many fans. Not only did the figures become more neon and gimmicky they also split into factions like the Ninja Force and Mega Marines, even the regular Joe team changed its name to Battle Corps in 1993. At that time G.I. Joe and Cobra began reaching for the stars. Set in space and perhaps sometime in the near future these soldiers battled among the cosmos either protecting or controlling the galaxy. While the first series of Star Brigade action figures were mostly repaints the 1994 year had some interesting characters with new molds it was too bad there fate was sealed when the line ended during that same year.

To be honest I was never a fan of Star Brigade. While I could take my Joe's out in the backyard and pretend it was a jungle or arctic during winter it was never fun to play with my Joe's in pitch black pretending it was the cold vacuum of space. However several of the Star Brigade and Armor Tech figures had some redeeming qualties. The BAAT was simply a heavy armored robot, Robo-Joe was a Earth based cyborg and several of the 1994 characters could be pilots or soldiers with experimental combat suits. Effects was one of those characters with an interesting back story. Effects was a fresh face on the Joe roster as well as Star Brigade. His sculpt was entirely new. Effects was experienced in explosives and demolitions it is also hinted that he may have done special effects work in movies but this never really specified. What I can't really figure out is why anyone working with high explosives would do it bare handed. Even more strange how do you even survive in space with hands exposed to vacuum and gamma radiation. His guy has got to be totally nuts I'm talking Gary Busy nuts. I personally think Effects would be better off on Earth in the present day blowing up HISS tanks and Terrordromes then in deep space. Effects weapons include a neon green pulse type rifle and a catapult with two orange bombs.